Ipe is a hardwood from the Brazilian rainforests. Some compare its strength to that of steel. Similar in appearance to mahogany, ipe is popular for its natural durability and beauty as a warm, rich hardwood. Ipe is the natural choice for builders, architects and designers for outdoor applications such as decking and cladding.
Our ipe comes with FSC certification, precision mouldering and first class packaging.
Please visit our Literature Gallery for our Ipe Data Sheet
Some features of ipe include:
- Often lasts more than 25 years outdoors
- Mold, fire, weather, and insect-resistant
- Resists surface scratches
- Three times harder than cedar
- One of the densest hardwoods; it sinks in water
- Same fire rating as steel and concrete
- High tannic acid content making it resistant to rot, insects and fungi